The Tamara is specifically designed for hoist users, creating an easy and accessible way for those needing sling transfers to ride a trike. It’s also an ideal high-strength trike for heavier riders. In a standard trike, the handlebars and backrest make it very hard for people to get into position from a sling or harness. This model features a tilt-away backrest and a swivel saddle to leave the loading area completely clear.
Carers help the rider approach from the side, sit and rotate the saddle into the ride position, before returning the backrest to the upright position. The whole process takes just moments. The Tamara also benefits from our lightweight, three piece frame, making it ideal for taking out and about, or adapting into a Trailer Trike, offering maximum freedom and enjoyment.
- Suitable for hoist users up to age 16, average lifespan of 4 to 5 years
- Custom designed to suit the individual
- Ergonomic, conventional cycling geometry
- Therapeutic benefits for improving strength, coordination and spatial awareness
- Swivel Saddle™ for side access
- Tilt-away Backrest™ for clear sling access
- Single Speed Fixed Drive with customised ratio
- Two Part Frame and Quick Release Backrest for easy Transport
- Full Carer Control™ (Carer steering and braking)
- Carer Braking™ (Carer emergency braking strap)
- Free-Wheel Drive
- Dual Drive™ (Switchable Fixed and Free-Wheel Drive)
- Trailer Accessory
- Strapped foot shoes and leg support
- Cushioned backrest, trunk and head support
- Thoracic harness, cushioned laterals, waist and lap strap
- Bottle carrier, rear basket, mudguard and mitts options
- Bionic Buddy™ 3mph rechargeable motor drive
- Safeguard Tyres
"We would like to say a big “thank you” for Beatrice’s trike. She loves it! She has mastered the bell and now dings happily throughout every trip on her trike – she would cycle for miles if allowed. The trike has made family walks at the weekend much more fun for Beatrice and she also likes noting better than riding it to collect her sister from school. She rather like all the admiring comments she gets. It has improved her quality of life and enabled her to pedal alongside her peers. We are all very grateful, thank you."