The problem to be solved!
Many organisations have a “No manual handling” policy that excludes potential riders with poor standing transfer abilities. An easy, safe and non-lifting way to get a rider seated was required.
We designed a swivel saddle that rotates the rider into the ride position whilst a low step elevates them to saddle height. Stress and lifting are eliminated and only guidance is required.
- The swivel saddle adjusts for height like any saddle but has left and right swivel action with automatic locking
- Local or handlebar release options are available
- The Step has a non-slip surface and “rider height” arms for safety and reassurance
- Enables access to cycling in schools and cycle centres
- Enables independence and reduces anxiety in the rider
- Transfers can be achieved by just one carer and manual handling is eliminated