The Tomcat Chair allows ambulant and semi-ambulant users to sit independently at standard desks and workstations in home, school, or workplace environments. The way we use a conventional chair - by pulling it out from the table and bending down into a squat whilst drawing the chair in underneath - can pose difficulties for some people.
Whilst many of us may take this ability for granted, it is impossible to do without assistance for people with short stature, muscle weakness, or coordination and balance issues. A purpose built chair like the Tomcat chair offers a complete solution.
- Provides fully independent seating for those with stature, balance, coordination or strength issues such as Achondroplasia or Cerebral Palsy
- Available to suit two table height ranges of 63 to 73cm and 73 to 91cm
- Single lever transitions from fully mobile to fully locked feet in seconds
- Fully upholstered seat and backrest for comfort and support
- Up to 100kg user weight
- Suitable for user height of 65cm to 180cm
- Designed to work with old and modern style school tables and desks
- 15cm of backrest depth adjustment
- Winner of the prestigious Business Link SMART Award 2005.
- Optionally available with fully width adjustable lateral arms, and/or lateral supports. Also waterproof or lambswool seat covers.
“Fantastic equipment and fantastic people. Cannot recommend them enough!!”