Dreams Come True is a UK children’s charity. Our mission is quite simply to enrich the lives of children and young people with serious and life-limiting conditions across the country by making their dreams come true. Over the last 25 years we have fulfilled dreams for more than 5,000 children and young people as well as their friends, family and carers.
Children and young people living with serious medical conditions often have to cope with endless rounds of hospital visits, painful treatments and the prospect of living with a long term debilitating disease.
Fulfilling a dream provides a positive focus empowering both them and their families with new enthusiasm and strength to deal with ongoing daily struggles of illness, gruelling hospital treatment and sometimes sad loss. It is a legacy of hope and well being that is poignantly expressed in many hundreds of thank you letters we receive from Dream Children and their families.
Our mission: To enable children and young people with serious and life-limiting conditions to fulfil their personal dreams.
- to go above and beyond to fulfil dreams and create the resources to fulfil them
- to recognise that every child is unique and every dream is unique
- to treat all children and their families with respect, care, compassion and empathy
- to recognise the contribution made by all who work in and on behalf of Dreams Come True, including all our hard-working volunteer fundraisers and every donor to the Charity
Apply for a dream
Anyone can nominate a child or young person for a dream. Dream children are nominated to us by parents, extended family, medical professionals, social workers and friends or they can nominate themselves. Just fill out the form below and download an application pack.
However, the following will apply:
- S/he must be between the ages of 2 to 21 inclusive and be living with a serious or life-limiting medical condition and be resident in the UK.
- S/he must not have had a dream granted by Dreams Come True or by another wish granting charity OR have a dream in progress with a similar organisation / charity.
It is very important that you read the guidelines on the Dreams Come True website before applying, to establish that they are able to make a dream come true and to fully complete the application pack.
To apply for a nomination please fill out the form on the Dreams Come True website at the link below: