What we do
Tree of Hope is the crowdfunding charity that helps children and young people with a disability or illness by supporting their families to raise the money they need to pay for specialist care that is not freely available through the UK healthcare system. Call Jenny or Georgie in our families team today on 01892 535525 to discuss what we can do to help your child get the support they need.
Children with healthcare needs can often benefit from a range of therapies and treatment, not necessarily available via state provision. Tree of Hope supports families to fundraise towards these costs, safe in the knowledge they are working with a registered charity to maximise their fundraising opportunities and get support and help from us every step of the way. Donors will be reassured they are donating to a registered charity and there money will be used for what it was originally donated for-to benefit your child.
It is not possible for a charity to be established to support an individual child. However, Tree of Hope is the umbrella charity which has supported thousands of individual children’s campaigns for almost 25 years.
We enable parents to fundraise under the banner of a registered charity, with their very own campaign dedicated solely to benefit their child. Each donation is subject to a 7.5% contribution which goes towards the core running costs of the charity. We have kept this at its absolute minimum so your child benefits as much as possible from donations and the majority of families find that the addition of Gift Aid covers fees and still adds extra to your campaign. Crowdfunding as an individual will NOT enable you to claim gift aid and cover fees in this way or provide reassurance to donors that their money will be used for the purpose it was originally donated for.
Fundraising with our registered charity Tree of Hope enables you to:
- Claim Gift Aid on donations made by UK taxpayers (adding 25% to value of the donation)
- Receive corporate donations
- Have donations increased with Match Funding
- Reassure donors their money is safe and will be used to benefit your child
- Access potential grants from Trusts and Foundations
- Set up a fundraising site via a registered charity Tree of Hope to send out virally to your supporters
Tree of Hope also supports families by:
- Making fundraising tools and advice available to them.
- Managing funds and paying invoices for operations, therapists and equipment to ensure donors know for sure that the money is going where it is supposed to go
- As a nationally-known charity we are able to give greater exposure to campaigns by featuring you on our website and via our social media activity.
Find out how Tree of Hope’s years of expertise can support you with your fundraising journey with our latest Parent Pack, available here.
Crowdfunding as an individual family for your child will NOT give you any of these benefits.