The design objectives of the new innovation, planned for launch in spring of 2022, is a hand-propelled trike that is easily accessible for independent users, including wheelchair users. The new design promises to be lightweight and easy to propel, while being stable and surefooted on all terrains. It will also be easy and quick to adjust in multi-user environments such as cycling centres and schools. Like all Tomcat products, the new design will be the best quality money can buy, but at an affordable price.
But the new bike needs a name.
Between 17th November 2021 and 28th February 2022 we will be running a competition that anyone can enter to find a great name for our new trike. If possible, it should hint at its “hand-propelled” credentials. Also, try to hint at its two sizes (for example “Dragon and Dragonfly”) The best name we receive, whether used or not, will win the very first trike off the production line in a size to suit the winner, to keep for themselves, or give away to a good home of their choice (like a Wheels for All Centre)
Simply fill out the form below and hit submit!
1. The competition is open to all individuals except Tomcat and Cycling Projects employees, and anyone connected with the competition.
2. Entry to the competition is via a QR code or link made available on Tomcat’s website. By submitting a “Name a Tomcat trike” form, entrants give Tomcat SNI Ltd the right to publish the chosen name on its website or in any media as it thinks fit. The hand propelled tricycle name considered to be best by the judges will be drawn from the list of entrants who submitted a form and will be published on www.tomcatuk.org in March 2020.
4. The judging panel will be made up of members of Cycling Project and Tomcat SNI Ltd.
5. The prize given will be the first (size appropriate) hand propelled tricycle of the new design. There is no cash alternative.
6. Tomcat’s decision as to the winner is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
7. There is a limit of one entry per person/family.
8. The winner will be notified in writing and the trike delivery and setup date will be agreed. There is no set date and time for the delivery of the hand propelled tricycle.
9. In the event that Tomcat cannot use any of the names put forward in the competition, Tomcat will award the prize to the runner up.
10. Tomcat SNI Ltd reserves the right to cancel or alter or amend the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
11. The closing date for entry is February 28th, 2022.