The Tomcat Handy is a hand-propelled trike designed for children with limited or no use of the legs. It can also be made to offer both hand and foot propulsion - creating therapeutic exercise for the whole body, helping to tone muscles and increase blood flow. The Handy has a unique design which specifically helps children with learning difficulties. A counterbalance in the handles overcomes the natural pendulum effect, ensuring an equal resistance at all times which tends to make it much easier to use.
A square, flat, cushioned saddle provides extra security and support, and with the Handy’s light, two-piece frame, it can be easily transported, stored or converted to a trailer-trike - providing freedom to explore far and wide.
- Suitable for children aged 3-16 with average trike lifespan of 3 – 5 years
- Balanced Cranks™ intuitive cycling for children with learning difficulties
- Custom designed to suit the individual
- Adjustable for cranks, reach and height
- Adjustable for footrest, reach, height and angle
- Therapeutic benefits for improving strength, coordination and spatial awareness
- Single speed fixed drive
- Fully Upholstered, full width Seat for comfort and stability
- Safety Backrest with waist strap
- Lightweight design – 17kg
- Hand AND foot cranking version
- Multi geared, 8 Speed, Shimano Inter8 Hub
- Two-part frame for easy transportability and storage
- Swivel Seat™
- Transfer Step™ (removes need for manual handling)
- Trailer Trike™ accessory.
- Foot shoes and leg supports
- Cushioned backrest, trunk and head support
- Thoracic harness, cushioned laterals, waist and lap strap
- Rear basket, mudguard and mitts
- Bionic Buddy™ Rechargeable motor drive
- Safeguard Tyres
"You kept your promise to get ready the bicycle for summer and we got it! Thank you for your professionalism in making the tricycle adaptable for Sammy’s needs, you knew the right pieces to add for Sammy’s comfort and safety"